Saturday, April 27, 2013

High Point Market Part 2 and My Loot

Gypsy Marketplace
I hope you enjoyed the little tour of some of the High Point showrooms that I shared the other day.  I promised to post my favorite part of High Point as well as some goodies I brought home!  As much as I loved looking at the new furniture lines, there's a part of me that loves digging through warehouses, barns, etc for the old stuff...

I knew that there were a couple of warehouses around High Point that were filled with antiques and vintage goods just for Market week and I was chomping at the bit to get to them on our last day.  On our way to one of the warehouses, we finally found BoBo Intriguing Objects.  Rhoda had mentioned Bobo's and that we'd probably all love it...she was right!  Even though they have reproduction stock, they also have tons of some of the amazing European antiques and travel around to Round Top, Brimfield, and other big shows.
Bobo's was my favorite place with three huge floors stocked with great stuff. I wish I would have taken more pictures here, but I was a little in awe of everything...
Most items were well beyond my meager budget, but it was fun to look and I was surprised how much of the expensive antiques had already sold!
See those antique French bread boards? I did buy one of those and the large basket in the corner of the picture.  After BoBo's, we headed over to our original destination...Golden Oldies warehouse...
via
 Anyone need a chair...or two?!  For some reason, I didn't get any photos of this place!  I pretty much stepped foot inside, put my camera away and got into "shopping mode" because the prices were pretty reasonable.  They had tons of seltzer bottles, olive buckets, demijohns, suitcases, wine jugs, pretty much everything!  It was a fun place to dig through...I'll be visiting there again :)
The last warehouse stop of the day was at Gypsy Marketplace where I ended up purchasing most of my loot.  After walking half-way across High Point, we finally reached our destination and it was worth it!  Unfortunately many items were already sold, but it was fun to look at everything.  Once again, I didn't get many pictures here just because I had my hands full, but I know Kim will be sharing some great shots.  That's another place that I'll be visiting again in the future!
I was wishing I would have driven our truck over for High Point that day, but I did end up cramming some good stuff into our little car.  It's hard to tell in these photos, but the round basket and the bottle-drying rack are huge!
I picked up several bread boards, baguette boards, seltzer bottles...
...glass buoys, baskets, demijohns, a dough bowl, olive bucket, etc.  It was a fun trip and now that I've been to Market once, I feel like I could navigate it a little better (and hit the warehouses earlier).  By the way, all these goodies will be in my booth at SuzAnna's tomorrow! I also shopped the Liberty Antique Festival all day yesterday and found a bunch of vintage suitcases, a typewriter, cute farm table, small church pew, and a few other smalls for the booth.  With the house-listing and keeping up with showings, etc, I haven't had much time to go shopping for the booth so it feels good to get some fresh items.  I've got auction-night tonight and another big antique show to shop next weekend too...fun!

Have a great weekend!

Kristen

10 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, you did get some good loot. Didn't know you got the lantern, too and I was going to ask about Liberty. Sounds like a successful trip.

Laurel Stephens said...

What a fabulous trip and purchases. I adore your style; even your shopping finds are styled beautifully!!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Holy Moly - when you said you filled your car full, I did not know it was a Stationwagon. haha JK I am loving all of this stuff, and maybe it was a good thing that I did not go that 2d day. Cause I had a VAN! eek. :)

Can't wait to go back I am shooting for June. xxoo

Babs said...

Wow! You did get some great things! It looks like a fabulous place to shop.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

We had so much fun gathering our loot!...however, I think you definitely found some great things Kristen!
My olive bucket sold before it hit the floor in my booth...should have bought more!!...Love that huge basket!!

Suzy said...

You racked up! Love all of the goodies that you found. Wish I could have gone to Liberty with y'all today.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Wish I could have tagged along!! Amazing finds - you go girl! Can we share a baguette on one of your fab bread boards?! I'll bring the wine!
Kelly

Atta Girl Amy said...

Wow! Wish I had not gotten sick. Sounds like I mussed the motherlode at Gypsy. And I had to skip Liberty, too. Resting up for Cameron next weekend.

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

Sounds like such a fun trip. I'll have to go in the spring.

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

Sounds like such a fun trip. I'll have to go in the spring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...